Under the High Patronage of His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Jordan Gaming Development Task Force is preparing to host “Jordan Gaming Summit” November 26, 2011 at the King Hussein Bin Talal Convention Center - Dead Sea. The Gaming Summit will be attended by IT professionals, Employees of gaming companies, in addition to university and students.
Mr. Nour Khrais - Jordan Gaming Task Force Chairman - will start the welcoming speech and present all speakers, who will be sharing their experiences and thoughts about the gaming industry, such as Mr. Paul Holman - Vice President of Sony Computer Entertainment’s Research and Development Department , Mr. Maarten NOYONS - CEO of the International Mobile Gaming Awards (IMGA), Ms. Rina Onur - Chief Strategy officer of Peak Games, Joe Robins - Community Evangelist at Unity technologies, Cemil Turun - CEO of Yogurt Technologies and Mr. Ahmed Al Safar - Business Development Manager of Looki games.
Different topics will be covered, highlighted and discussed in the Summit which will enrich technical skills of participant, such as opportunities and threats in the fast growing global apps economy, how to build a Hit Social Game with Metrics, how to build a high Quality 3D Games in Flash 11 and ways to manage the Arabic community, In addition to many other interesting topics.
The Summit will provide a focused education on a combination of programming and creative effort to best practices and secrets from international Game Developers on how to design and develop visually attractive and creative mobile games.
The Jordan Gaming Development Task Force is an open and independent coalition of Jordan’s premier gaming companies. Operating under the umbrella of Information and Communications Technology Association of Jordan – int@j and supported by King Abdullah II Fund for Development - KAFD , the Task Force’s objective is to advance Jordan’s gaming development capacity and help propel the Jordanian gaming on a local, regional, and international scale.
Capabilities of Jordanian gaming industry:
• Development and publishing of original games for multiple platforms, including high end and commercial creative capabilities, animators, scriptwriters, producers, storytellers working in state of the art studios.
• Development of social games, accessible at anytime and anywhere, multi-lingual, with ease of use in a technologically advanced ecosystem.
• Localization of games, based on unique understanding of pan-regional gamers’ attributes and preferences.
• Management of soft infrastructure that enables gaming industry, including payment gateway, customer support, community development, localization.
• Studio capability, including the development and publishing of original games for multiple platforms.
• Technology based on solid engineering capability, with capable multi-platform game development studios.
It is the belief of various stakeholders that Jordan stands a serious chance to become the Interactive Games (“IG”) Development capital of the Middle East, in which original content meant for the local and global market is generated in Jordan.