The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) is launching an inter-regional challenge for the Arab and African regions on artificial intelligence for development (AI4DEV).
AI4Dev is a challenge organized by the International Telecommunication Union and Facilitated by Nilepreneurs, in partnership with UNDP, WHO, UNESCO, FAO, GSMA and Nile University. The challenge is targeting a multitude of stakeholders including Entrepreneurs, Startups, Innovators, Mobile Operators, Technology Providers, Policy Makers and others in the Middle East and Africa.
The challenge objectives are as follows:
- Identify great ideas in AI and potential utilizations to address developmental challenges.
- Prompt new collaborations and partnerships around the use of AI to achieve SDGs.
- Build the capacity of new innovators in Emerging Technologies and support their entry into the market.
Moreover, the challenge will seek innovative solutions using AI to address the following SDGs
- SDG 2 on Zero Hunger.
- SDG 3 on Health and Well Being.
- SDG 8 on Decent Work and Economic Growth.
- SDG 9 on Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure.
The participants will be requested and assisted to develop a prototype and a pitching presentation that would be presented to a judging panel consisting of a variety of stakeholders. Please note that the deadline to apply is on the 17th of November 2020.
We would appreciate it if you can share this information among the relevant stakeholders in your respected countries or across the Arab and African regions. We also welcome additional partners to join this challenge.
For more information, please visit https://ai4dev2020.com/