StartLabz is happy to announce it’s very first virtual angel investor event. Join us to watch live pitches from 5 aspiring regional entrepreneurs. Our startups were carefully hand-picked based on tough criteria run by our investment committee.
StartLabz is an early pre-seed incubator that focuses on investing in tech-based entrepreneurial ideas in Jordan and the region. The program is run triannually. Each year there are three rounds where 4-5 local startups will qualify to pitch their ideas. StartLabz was developed to encourage small businesses to join the tech community in Jordan and the region.
To attend our first event as an investor, you should look at your $100 ticket fee as an opportunity:
- to get access to pre-selected and well groomed startups from the region, who will be ready to receive your investment at an early stage with reasonable valuations and fair risk.
- to gain insights from other investors who will be at the event and be able to syndicate with them to co-invest in order to meet the investment goals of the startups
- to find high quality investment opportunities in the MENA’s startup space where you may become a mentor, board member, or strategic partner.
Our 5 Startups:
- Promising business ideas that are tailored to the region
- Well trained entrepreneurs who are looking to offer equity in exchange of cash investments.
- Investments ranging from $5,000 up to $100,000
5 startups will have the opportunity to pitch their ideas for 10 minute and another 10 minutes will be allocated for question & answer. If investors are convinced, then they may announce their interest. Once the event is done, investors can share their interest with StartLabz, and we will facilitate the next steps that bring the investors and selected startups together.
What to expect from the business pitches?
- Proof of Concept: proof they have something their targeted customers want.
- A valuation that stacks up with a clear investment allocation plan.
- 6.00 pm Event Opens – Introducing StarLabz
- 6.10 Startup Pitch 1
- 6.20 Startup Pitch 1 Q&A
- 6.25 Startup Pitch 2
- 6.35 Startup Pitch 2 Q&A
- 6.40 Startup Pitch 3
- 6.50 Startup Pitch 3 Q&A
- 6.55 Startup Pitch 4
- 7.05 Startup Pitch 4 Q&A
- 7.10 Startup Pitch 5
- 7.20 Startup Pitch 5 Q&A
- 7.25 Closing
if you are an angel investor and interested to attend the event, please register here