Better Work (Jordan International Labour Organization), is seeking to update the Better Work website to a format that is more dynamic, modern, user-friendly, memorable, and navigable. This is both about adding features and removing menu clutter, old content, unnecessary text, and duplication.
The initial goal is to create a user experience that encourages partners and industry actors to return to the site for data and evidence, industry news and storytelling, training and events, national Covid-19 updates, and other resources.
The ultimate goal is to impact and inspire desired behaviors from different audiences:
- For brands to be better informed and make better business decisions, including purchasing practices, and to sign on as Better Work partners or for training opportunities including the Academy
- For manufacturers to modify their factory policies, embrace and encourage bipartite dialogue, and sign up for Better Work factory services
- For governments to access evidence and data as well as human stories and the business case for progressive labour practices and policy. This should encourage governments to adapt and adopt progressive policy as well as improve training and capacity of labour inspectorate (especially in existing Better Work CPs)
- For unions and workers to be better informed and use Better Work evidence and messaging for their advocacy campaigns for better effect
- For consumers to learn more about supply chain dynamics and labour standards and ultimately make better purchasing choices by checking labels, buying clothes manufactured in Better Work countries, and have knowledge of what brands are actively engaging with improvements to their business model and supply chain.
Assignment: Hiring of a web design and development company to redesign the Better Work website
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: Three (3) months
Interested bidders are invited to submit their Technical and Financial Proposals in separate PDF files mentioning “Proposal: Better Work website redesign” on the subject line to the following email address- Betterwork@ilo.org on or before 20 April 2022, 4:00pm (Geneva time).
Clarifications/Questions: If any potential firm has any query about the TOR, that has to be forwarded to the ILO through email: Betterwork@ilo.org by 15 April 2022, 4:00 pm (Geneva time).