5G adoption is on the rise on global and regional levels. Its use cases are surpassing traditional telecom services to penetrate and revolutionize vertical markets. Arab Advisors Group released a new series of reports: The 5G Handbook. The series tackles one 5G-operating Arab country at a time, to explore, review, and analyze the development of 5G networks and study the efforts put forward by all stakeholders. Arab Advisors Group released the fifth report of the series, “The 5G Handbook – A Focus on Saudi Arabia”, in August 2023. The report answers the following questions:
• What type of 5G plans do telecom operators in Saudi Arabia offer?
• What frequency bands are utilized by KSA’s telecom operators? And with which vendors did telcos collaborate to build their networks?
• How are telecom operators in KSA monetizing their 5G networks?
• Are telcos’ 5G services in KSA limited to traditional telecom services only? Or did they penetrate vertical markets?
• How mature are the 5G use cases deployed by telcos in Saudi? and in which sectors did they deploy these cases?
• How transparent are KSA’s telecom operators when it comes to reaped benefits of 5G implementations?
• How did Saudi Arabia’s government encourage the deployment of 5G technology in the Kingdom, especially in vertical markets?
For full report details: THE 5G HANDBOOK – A FOCUS ON SAUDI ARABIA